Sunday, October 21, 2012

Haunted Date Night

Jordan and I have gotten really lazy in our evenings together. We end up watching TV...and more TV...and more TV. We used to be a lot more "fun" so we're going to try doing dates and taking turns planning them.

This week it was my date. I LOVE Halloween (shocker, I know...not) so I wanted to do a Halloween-themed date. I started by having dinner ready when Jordan got home. We had Butternut Squash Chili and salad and cornbread bats. It was really yummy!



I had gone to Walmart earlier in the week and bought a cute Haunted Gingerbread House kit. Of course I wasn't smart enough to see if the pre-packaged house was broken...so when we opened it up and saw the ruins, I was devastated  Our date was broken up by a trip to Walmart to exchange it. We opened up all the other ones they had and only like two weren't broken. Jordan also got a really awesome pumpkin to carve, and I got some tights for my Halloween costume. So I guess the Walmart trip wasn't a total failure.


Yay! An unbroken house!


I mixed up the frosting and away we went! Jordan did a really good job on the roof.


Here was our finished product:


I did the spider webs. Aren't they fun?


Here's us together with our house. Awwww.


Then we (tried to) watch a scary movie. I do not do well with scary movies but I wanted to try it anyway. We rented The Woman in Black. About halfway through, I buried my head in the pillow and didn't want to look up. Jordan was like, "Do you want to watch something else?" And I was like, "Um...yes please!" So we ended up watching last week's episode of Castle.

Too scary!

I also made some caramel corn for a snack! I got the recipe from Amira because her mom used to make it for us all the time and it is a-ma-zing. Seriously. So. Good.



I would say our date night was a success! It was super fun to spend some quality time with my super fun husband!

4 comments:

RyRy said...

cute!!

Laurie said...

What a fun Halloween date night! I LOVED the haunted house and that dinner and popcorn looked awesome! I would love the recipe for the popcorn when you have a minute.

Linda and Tyrel said...

Those houses are cute. I'm not good at watching scary movies either! If I push through them I end up having nightmares :( Fun date night!

Elycia said...

Ha ha if only you'd waited until the end of that movie! It was pretty ridiculous and left me laughing.