Sunday, October 14, 2012

Megan's Goodbye Party

The very first time I met Megan, I was living at Kristi's apartment (because of some whole big mix up with our furniture and everything, the Browns were very kind to let me stay with them for a week). Megan came over to watch the Bachelorette season finale (the one with Ali). Even though I'd never watched the Bachelor in my life, I decided to watch it with them. Now I'm totally addicted to the whole franchise. Thanks a lot, Megan and Kristi!

Anyway, even though I didn't know her at all before we moved to Georgia, Megan has become a dear friend of mine. This week she is moving back to South Carolina. I'm happy for her to get to live by her family (and, okay, I'm a lot jealous :) but I'm super sad for all of us here! She is such an awesome person. Fortunately she will only be 6 hours away, so I'm sure we will see her every so often.

To send her off, we surprised her with a girl's night out last night at a hibachi place in Albany. It was great food and great company!


Kelly, Megan, and Kristi

Christy and Esperanza

Me and Jennifer



Melissa and Amanda

I have to say, the best part of the night was when our chef started hitting on happily married Melissa. It was pretty funny. Here's some of the dialog:

Asian Guy: Hey beautiful!
Melissa: Hey gorgeous *wink*
AG: Are you married?
M: *pause* I don't know. Maybe.
AG: 'Cause if you aren't, I'm going to get your number.
M: *laugh*
AG: I will cook for you!
M: And clean?
AG: Cook, clean, whatever!

He also kept giving her extra food. It was hilarious!

Anyway, Megan, we are going to miss you so much! You are such a bright and cheerful person. Keep us posted on your life and come visit soon!

4 comments:

Alyssa Auch said...

Hahahahaha Melissa! That's hilarious. I didn't know Megan was moving. How sad for all of you! :( But I'm sure she will be so happy with her family. Love your blog!

Marcie said...

Fun! And best wished to Megan!

Laurie said...

I am so glad that you have made such good friends there! I know how much you have loved Megan, so nice that with cell phones, facebook and blogs, it's easy to keep in touch!

Jennifer said...

He will also sing her love songs!!