Last night Jordan and I hosted our monthly book club meeting. We read The Night Circus and really enjoyed it! The circus is completely black and white, so I suggested that everyone bring a black and white or red treat to share, and some of us dressed in black, white, and red as well. Gotta love ambiance!
I put this on our door--it's the same sign that is on the gates of the circus in the book.
| Gates Open at Nightfall, Close at Dawn Trespassers will be Exsanguinated |
I decided to be fancy and decorate our food table. I think I'm still in the mood from the baby shower!
Here's the table with all the super yummy food! Jaylene and Steve brought cheese popcorn, and animal crackers with cool whip (like circus animals, get it?). I made some white punch.
Jennifer brought spiced jelly and crackers, as well as an oreo dip. So good!
I made mini chocolate pies. They weren't really black...I should have added food coloring...but they were yummy!
Elwanda brought caramel apples, since they were featured in the book. She even put darling ribbons on them! So fun.
Oh yeah, and we discussed the book too. It was fun! Everyone seemed to have a really good time! Thanks to everyone who came for making it such a success!
5 comments:
That is way fancier than my book club. Looks like fun! You guys are adorable!
The food was so good! I should have snatched another one of your pies for today! ;)
What a fun and fancy book club you guys have! I loved the pictures of all that delicious food. Your pies looked so yummy!!!
Wow! So much fun! Classy, cute and creative! I especially LOVE the picture of you and Jordan! I can't wait to borrow The Night Circus from you!
Love it! You have inspired me to do something like this :)
Post a Comment