Yesterday Megan and I threw a baby shower for our good friend Kristi and her unborn baby girl Allie. Kristi is due in December, but Megan is moving next week (sad!) so we had to have it before she left! The shower was so much fun, and everything turned out so cute! (Be prepared for my using the word "cute" a ridiculous amount in this post)
| Me, Kristi, Megan |
We did everything in the baby room colors--pink and teal and white--and it turned out adorable! Megan did the decorations...isn't she talented?
| Kristi let us borrow her "Allie" wall art that she made! |
Megan decorated these jars all glittery and fabulous and then bought flowers for them for the centerpiece!
Here's the beverage table. I made raspberry lemonade and Megan decorated the mason jars. Aren't those stripy straws super cute?
Here's the food table! We had SO much food...chicken salad and egg salad sandwiches, grape salad, spinach and artichoke dip...
...and fried green tomatoes. Oh my goodness, they were amazing. They were definately my favorite food of the night. Kristi has been craving them during her pregnancy, so we thought they would be a fun food to serve!
| I made those little food labels too! Aren't they so fun? |
I, of course, made the cupcakes. And the cupcake stands. Yep, I made those babies out of dinner plates, pizza pans, and candlesticks from the dollar store. Add a little scrapbook paper and modge podge and wa-lah!
The strawberry lime cupcakes were specifically requested by Kristi.
And here are the salted caramel chocolate cupcakes. And yes, they were totally worth the agony of figuring out caramel sauce. SO good!
Amanda was awesome and did the games. We played that one where you cut the string as long as you thought Kristi's belly was round. I was off by like 3 inches--not too shabby, but I didn't win!
| Kristi modeling for the game |
And then we all had to write a poem for baby Allie Jean. We were only given like 5 minutes...mine was pretty awful! Here it is:
| Melanie, Katrina, and Charlotte work on their poems |
| Jennifer wrote a haiku! Show off :) |
| Kelly, Melissa, and Megan |
| Our game maker Amanda! |
Kristi was supposed to pick a winner but she didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so she just picked a poem at random. Ha ha!
Then she opened her presents. She didn't really want baby clothes since she has so many from Brinley, but I broke the rule and got this adorable cupcake baby hat.
We are so excited for the Brown family to welcome their Southern Belle in December!
The party was so much fun and it was great to be able to have an awesome night with friends! Thanks for letting us celebrate your baby with you, Kristi!
5 comments:
What a wonderful shower! The decorations were darling and the food looked amazing! Next time I come to Georgia, we are definately getting some fried green tomatoes! The cupcakes looked awesome! I don't know which sounds better, strawberry lime or salted caramel!
Oh yes, I'm so fancy!
how fun!!
Wow! You girls really know how to throw a baby shower! I loved everything, the tags are darling and your cupcakes looked delicious as did everything else. Those cupcake plates are so cute. Way to go!!!
I'm totally blown away. What a lot of cuteness. We could have a ton of fun doing baby showers together!
Post a Comment