Friday, October 5, 2012
What Jamie Learns at Preschool
Year two of preschool is going well so far! I have 8 little students (one isn't pictured above) and they are a good bunch of kids! They all certainly have their own little personalities. Today it was hat day so we all got to wear a fun hat. I found my hat in my Halloween box. It's from a murder mystery dinner we did back in Utah. I love that hat! A few of the teacher ladies told me I looked like a Southern belle! Awesome.
Of course, while I'm teaching the kids their numbers, colors, and shapes, I've been learning things too--such as southern vernacular. You can't spend five hours a day with southern ladies and not start using it!
Some examples of my new vocabulary:
Mama--as in, "Your mama is not going to be happy with you if you don't pick up those toys!"
Girl (said with a southern twang) -- as in, "Giiiiirrrrlll! You better pay attention in circle time!"
Y'all -- as in, "Y'all go line up so we can go outside and play!" (plural form is all y'all)
I also sprinkle yes ma'am and no ma'am in there sometimes, although not as often as it should, I'm sure.
I love my sweet southern co-workers! They are so awesome. I'm so blessed that I get to work with such good people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love that you are getting a little South in your vocab! I still use y'all. :D
I knew I recognized that darling hat! How fun to get to wear it yet again. It may have to become a regular outfit addition!
Y'all look amazingly beautiful in that hat. Your Mama must be proud. Yes mam, that is one charming group of children.
Hey,I want to be a Southern Belle! Jamie, those children are lucky to have you.
I agree, you are just darling in that hat! I bet all those little kids absolutely adore you. I'm glad you have such fun kids and awesome ladies to work with, it makes all the difference in whether you enjoy work or not!
I know! The Texas vernacular is sneaking up on me too! We say y'all her as well. And I am doing yes ma'ams alll the time. Woot for new words!
Post a Comment