Jordan and I had been apart for so long that when he told me that he had to go to Savannah the week after we got back into town, I immediately told him that Logan and I were coming too. And I texted Kristi and convinced her to come along too, since Derek had to go to Savannah as well. I'm sure Kelly would have come too except she'd had her baby a couple days before!
On Wednesday, I packed up all our stuff, we went to Logan's two month check up, and then left straight from there. We stayed at a nice Embassy Suites in Pooler, which is about 15 miles outside of downtown Savannah. We stopped on the way there and had dinner at Zaxby's, and we met the Browns there, too. Here's Logan taking a ride on the luggage trolley!
On Thursday morning, the boys went to their (boring) meeting, and Kristi and I headed to the mall! It was way too hot to do anything outside. It was quite the trick to fit two strollers in her trunk and all three kiddies in the back of the car, but we made it work.
We did some fun shopping. I bought some fun things for Logan at Carters and Gymboree (gotta take advantage when I'm in a city with fun stores), and Kristi and I got some adorable shirts as well. Then we saw that the mall had a little play area, so after we had lunch we headed over there.
I let Logan squirm around on the ground and tried to not think about how dirty the floor was. He looks like he's at the disco.
Me and baby boy.
We dressed all the kids in yellow. Logan and Brinley were already in yellow that morning so Kristi put Allie in yellow as well. It is really hard to get a picture of two squirmy babies.
After we got back from our mall trip, we quickly went for a dip in the pool. Logan hung out on his awesome travel play mat that Denise had given me in California while I changed.
Here he is ready for his swim!
The pool was kind of chilly so we didn't stay long, but it was still really a fun little activity!
The boys got out of their meeting and we all got ready for dinner. We headed into downtown Savannah to have dinner at a super yummy Greek restaurant. Brinley insisted on ordering squid (there was a lady out front giving samples of calamari), which we all found hilarious.
After dinner, we took a nice walk down River Street. It was such a nice night.
We're so lucky to have the Browns as our friends!
Did I mention that Kristi and I bought the same shirt at the mall? Jordan called us a-dork-able. But I think we're pretty cute!
On Friday, the boys got done with work around 11, so we all headed over to Tybee Island. It was Logan's first time in the ocean. What a lucky boy, to go in the ocean at 9 weeks old! He seemed to really enjoy it.
After a while in the water, we hung out on the beach.
Allie tried to escape.
Logan practiced his smiling.
Eventually Logan took a little snooze. What' better than napping on the beach?
After heading back in for one last swim, we all hopped in our cars and went to the Crab Shack for dinner.
I got shrimp and some really amazing crab cake. Jordan got some ribs. We've been to the Crab Shack several times now, and while it's good, I think it's time to branch out and find somewhere new to go next time.
We went to go see the alligators, like always.
| Please don't let them eat me, Mommy! I promise I'll sleep through the night!" Ha ha. Yeah right. |
And that was our trip! We had a really great time. It's a pain to have a husband that travels, but sometimes there are some fun perks.










1 comment:
What a fun trip! You and Kristi and the three little ones are darling! I'm so glad that Little Logan is an "ocean boy!" Oh, the Crab Shack! I'll never forget our experience there!
Post a Comment