Because Logan has started rolling over, we have to stop swaddling him. I'm going to miss my little baby burrito.
To make the transition a little easier, I wanted to make him a sleep sack so he still felt kind of snuggled, but his arms were free in case he rolled. But they were about $20 each! I didn't want to spend that money, and they didn't look all too complicated, so I decided to make some. Flannel was on sale at Joanns, so I picked up a few yards, two zippers, and matching thread. I paid about $17 total and have enough for two sleep sacks, plus some material left over to make some burp cloths.
I was really intimidated by the zipper, so I called my sister-in-law Krista who is a genius all things crafty. She explained how to do the zipper and I was able to do it! It really wasn't all that hard. I'm totally confident in my zipper skills now.
I was excited to get back to sewing. I haven't made anything since I finished Logan's nursery. It was fun to break out the sewing machine!
My stitching wasn't great, but it's functional. I'm excited to make one with my other fabric tomorrow!


2 comments:
So stinkin cute! (Both Logan and the sleep sac.)
So cute!
Post a Comment