We spent the night at Mike and Laurie's and early the next morning (around 5:30) my parents and siblings came and picked us up for the LONG 11 hour drive across Nevada to get to my parents' house. I was nervous that Logan would be fussy, but he hardly cried at all! He just chilled out and slept and only got a little fussy at the very, very end. He was so good and then slept eight hours that night!
Brett and Michelle were SO helpful with Logan. I was able to shower and play with my horse since I could put Logan down for a nap and then get a bottle ready and ask one of my siblings to feed him when he woke up. It was awesome to have built in baby-sitters.
Pretty much every night we would all take a walk around the neighborhood. Mom was so excited to have us come visit that she bought a darling little Graco stroller that my car seat snapped right into. Logan loved our little evening outings.
Tummy time!
On Saturday, Mom and I went to Target to run some errands. We went back to look at the baby toys and they had a darling playmat/baby gym marked for $9, but when I scanned it it said $35. We found an employee and she told us they would honor the $9 price. Score! Logan just loved it.
We also did a lot of swimming! I took Logan swimming almost every day. My parents put a cover over their pool that makes it SO warm and nice.
Some nights we wanted to swim but it would be too cold for Logan, so he would chill in his bouncer while we swam. He would just sit and watch the lights and smile.
While we were in Cali, I decided I really wanted to buy a baby carrier for our Tahoe trip. Jordan and I are pretty active people, so I knew we would use it. I ordered a couple from Amazon, tried them out, and sent back the one I didn't like. I could wander around my parent's property with Logan and he just chilled and usually napped.
Of course Michelle and I had to do some baking while I was there. She had this awesome cookbook and we found blackberry danishes that looked delicious. We made them one evening and they turned out AMAZING.
If you want to make some yourself, you can click the link here for the recipe. They were really simple and totally yummy.
And of course Logan took his first tractor ride with Grandpa Gallacher! I'm sure someday in the future Logan will be helping him out with the never-ending yard work!
And that was pretty much what we did for our two full weeks in California. We just hung out and relaxed and enjoyed family. It was a nice little break!
















2 comments:
What a great trip! Fun to get to see all the pictures.
I just finished reading all your blog posts and it looks like a lot of fun! And...your baby boy is adorable! You look like you're glowing :)
Post a Comment