Yesterday I was working at Heritage and we took some of the boys to the cafeteria to get their dinner, and they were having meatloaf. It smelled so good! I immediately called Jordan (even though we aren't supposed to have phones on campus...) and asked him to make some meatloaf for dinner. He is so wonderful, he said yes!
He found this amazing meat loaf recipe online, and if you are a meatloaf fan (and even if you aren't), I encourage you to try it out! It's called "Brown Sugar Meatloaf" and it's the only meatloaf I haven't had to add anything to (like ketchup or barbeque sauce). This was a really big recipe for Jordan and I, but I don't think we're going to have any trouble eating the leftovers!
Ingredients
1/3 cup packed brown sugar (I think this might have been a little much, so I'm going to try 1/4 cup next time)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
2.Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3.In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a funny story! What a good husband you have to make you meatloaf! :)
I can smell your meatloaf cooking all the way in Texas. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Yummy! SLY Auntie Rob
Post a Comment