First we watched the movie Swan Princess and made edible peanut butter playdough.
Libbie wasn't too keen on the idea of smiling for pictures, if you can tell.
Libbie's a big fan of horses and is always asking me about the horses at my work, so we decided to take her down to meet them!
Her favorite was Penny, our resident baby horse--only 7 months old, but as Libbie says, "a little bigger than Katie" (Libbie's 10 month old sister).
I'm pretty sure she met every one of our twenty horses. Here she and Jordan are with Zorro.
After walking around and meeting all the horses, we saddled up Barbie and took her for a ride!
Libbie learned how to ask a horse to walk--by sqeezing her legs and clucking--and how to ask a horse to stop--by pulling on the reins and saying "whoa" (We got it on video but for some reason I can't post videos on here...which is sad because it is so, so cute). Libbie is an excellent horsewoman. She kept saying, "Actually, this is really fun!"
Libbie even wore boots that look like real riding boots! We took a picture to show the similarity.
We took Barbie back in the stable and thanked her for the nice ride!
When we got home, we played Barbies (real Barbies, not horse Barbie) for a while (yes, even Jordan joined in!) and ate cupcakes and then we had to take Libbie back. We wore her out--she was asleep after about five minutes in the car! What a fun day we had with her!
3 comments:
That last picture is fun!
What a fun day! I can't wait to talk to Libbie, I LOVED all the pictures, you are the cutest aunt and uncle ever!!!! Thanks for taking a day out of your busy schedule to play with Libbie. I also LOVE your festive background. So cute!
My face hurts from smiling so much. I LOVED your Magical Day with Libbie Jane! She is such a fun little girl and I'm sure you have made memories with her that will last far into the eternities. I LOVED it and thank you for sharing it on your blog! Love You, Auntie Rob
Post a Comment