Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O, Christmas Tree

Last year, Jordan and I borrowed Laurie and Mike's not-real Christmas tree, since we were going to my house for Christmas. I'd never had a not-real Christmas tree before, and I missed it! Since we're staying here this year, I convinced Jordan that we really, really needed to get one. And get one we did!



We borrowed my Grandpa's truck and picked out this lovely tree from Harmon's (Thanks Pierce and Stacy for the head's up!).

The guy at the store offered to cut it for us, but he cut it really crooked so Jordan had to be manly-manly and fix it when we got home.



We didn't end up decorating it until Tuesday, because it took a while to get it to stand up straight and I was really really tired from my first day back at work! I had no idea that putting up a real tree was so much work, and so messy! But I think it's worth it. It turned out lovely.



Underneath is the first present I bought for Jordan! Yay!

We bought this really cute reindeer on Black Friday. I fell in love with him and knew he needed to be in our tree. I'm pretty much convinced that ANYTHING is an ornament!



Last year, I spent so much time searching for stockings! But Jordan is really picky. We did get cute stocking hangers the day after Christmas, but he vetoed tons of stockings. Finally, we found some that we agree on! Hurrah!



And I just had to show off our Nativity set, since I didn't blog last year. Jordan and I made this over at his parents' house with Mike's help. He had the molds and the stuff (I don't remember what it's called!) to put in the molds. It took a while, but it turned out darling and it's one of my favorite Christmas decorations.



I'm so excited for Christmas!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, everything looks cute. I bet the tree smells so nice too. (We have a fake tree)

Kelsey said...

you're such a good housewife. i love all your cute projects.

Meags said...

how festive!!! everything looks adorable! :)

Laurie said...

I love your house all ready for Christmas! Your Nativity looks so cute, I have loved mine all these years, I'm glad you are enjoying yours!