Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baking Day



I was very grateful today for my wonderful mixer that Gram, Gramps, and Lani gave us for our wedding! I watched the movie Julie and Julia (I highly recommend it) last night, and I think it made me want to bake! I kind of went crazy.

I thought that, with Christmas coming up, I needed to make some goodies to pass out to friends and family. My mom and I always had fun making all the Christmas treats, and it was kind of lonely doing it by myself, since Jordan was on campus studying for finals, but it was still fun. I really do enjoy baking! And I amused myself by watching Moulin Rouge during my looooooong baking spree.

I've never made snowball cookies before, but I love them, so I decided to give it a shot. They turned out really yummy!



My second project was making these delicious mint layered brownies that my mom is basically famous for. I tried to make them last year but the chocolate top ended up really ugly and gross. They still tasted good, but they didn't look so awesome. But I did much better this time! They turned out almost as pretty as Mom's!



The last of the Christmas goodies were my favorite sugar cookies. You can't have Christmas without sugar cookies! I put my cookie cutters to work (props to Michelle!) and made the yummy recipe that I always use. Yum! But the recipe is huge. I'm going to try to freeze some and see if it will stay good. I haven't frosted them yet. I'm hoping Jordan will help me do it tonight, if he's got some time.




Hurrah for holiday sweets!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow!!!! What a busy day you had, what lucky neighbors to get some of those delicious treats, I wish I lived closer!!!!

Robynn said...

I LOVED your baking Day Miss Julia/Jamie! Can you share your recipes? Yummy! SLY Auntie Rob