Jordan and I had a relaxing Christmas Eve together when I got home from work around noon. I made some cupcakes in the afternoon that were a "partridge in a pear tree." Yes, I know it was the 11th day of Christmas, not the 1st, but I was still going to make it, since I bought the stuff forever ago. It was a total pain to make! I'm glad I did it but I will probably never make one again, unless someone really, really wants me to.
That evening, Jordan and I went to In and Out Burger. We haven't been to the one in Provo yet because the line is always ridiculously long! But Christmas Eve was the perfect time to go, because everyone else was out doing family stuff! When we walked in, it was just like being in California. It made me so happy! And the burgers were excellent. Mmmmmm.
After that, we went to Chip and Elycia's house to watch The Polar Express. I hadn't seen it yet, but it was a fun one to watch on Christmas Eve! When the movie was over, we all went out searching for some great Christmas lights, and we found some! It's always so great to see people's lights. Chip was a fan of the blue ones, I loved the red/white combo, and Jordan didn't have an opinion. He just likes lights.
When we got home, we went to sleep so that Santa could come! Because we went to bed early, Jordan woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. At around 4:00 I went out to put out his presents and fill the stockings, and when I came in he said, "Jamie! Can we open our presents now?" It was really cute, but I told him the rule was at 6:00 we could open our presents. We fell back asleep and ended up opening presents at about 7:30.
Unfortunatly, my camera ran out of batteries and I was unable to take any more pictures.
We got some fun presents--I bought Jordan pajamas, a piano book, a massage pad that you can put on a chair, a board game, and a tool box and some tools. He bought me a mop (every time I see the commercial for the Swiffer Wet Jet I told Jordan I want one, so it was kind of a joke), and the Glee CD (yay!), a book about women in the Bible, a cupcake stand, and special food coloring. It was a wonderful Christmas!
We made crepes and decided that that will be our Christmas tradition (my dad always made fantastic omlets on Christmas, but neither of us have that great omlet-making skill). We had a wonderful Christmas morning together, and I made a pumpkin pie (my first ever!) for my grandma's Christmas dinner. Then we drove up to Mike and Laurie's to open presents with Jordan's family.
It was so fun watching the little girls open their presents! Jordan and I gave all the little girls Beanie Babies. His parents gave us a nice DVD player, and we've really enjoyed using it!
After that we went up to his grandma and grandpa's house so we could hang out with the extended family. There was so much good food and so many good people! I love Jordan's family. They really make me feel like I'm a part of the family too. We talked and ate and ate and talked some more.
We were totally stuffed but then we had to go home to have dinner with my grandparents and my uncle and cousins. It was such a good dinner that I had to eat some anyway. I did not, however, eat any of my pumpkin pie. But I was assured that it was delicious.
All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas. I'm excited for the new year ahead, and all the wonderful things that it's going to bring!
4 comments:
I love reading your blog!!!! It was so fun to have you and Jordan here for Christmas. Thanks for the picture frames, we LOVE them, they make our wall look so great, and the pictures inside them are so fun too! I appreciate everyone taking time out of their busy schedule to come to the photo shoot. We need to make a plan for some fun times next week!!!
I LOVED reading about your Christmas! What fun!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. SLY AUntie ROb
Cute! I'm glad you guys had a good utah christmas together! :)
How fun!!! And once again, your cupcakes are adorable! Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment