Tuesday, December 8, 2009
The Story of the Scarf
I told Jordan this story yesterday and he told me I had to put it on my blog.
I was at DI yesterday, attempting to find a cheap, really warm coat to wear out to work in the 25 degree weather. I was combing through all their ugly coats when I found one that looked really warm (and ugly) so I shrugged off my coat, and my beautiful red scarf fell to the floor without my noticing.
The coat turned out to be too small, so I hurried off to look at their sweaters, hoping for some sort of extra (cheap) warmth for my cold day in the snow. The scarf remained on the floor.
This scarf was one that Jordan gave me for Christmas last year and I just love it.
I purchased two semi-ugly, very cheap fleece sweaters and made my way out the door. When I was outside I noticed that my neck was cold and "gasp" my scarf was gone!
I ran back inside and was scanning the floor around the coats, praying that it would be there. Loose clothes in DI are not safe. I noticed a basket that was extremely full of clothes, and at the bottom, I could see some sparkly, red fringe poking out. My scarf!
Did I do what a normal person would do? Find the owner of the cart and explain that it was my scarf?
No.
Seeing that the owner of the cart was several feet away, I dug into the cart, pulled out my lovely scarf, threw it around my neck, and ran out of DI. Honestly, I'm surprised that no one chased after me saying, "Stop, thief!"
And that is my story. The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was practically crying as Meags read this to me.
haha.
;)
haha, that's great! I'm glad you got your scarf back!
That is hilarious!!! I'm so glad you just grabbed it and ran! You are toooooo cute!!!!
Post a Comment